Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Final Reflection

Throughout my 4 years in eComm, I have gained more knowledge and experience than I ever could've ever imagined.  When I first entered the program, I had no clue what I was getting myself into and was worried I wouldn't be able to keep up with what was expected of me.  However, with hard work and perseverance and an amazing role model (Mr. Cooper), I was able to exceed all expectations I had for myself.

Not only have I learned how to use different programs such as Premiere, Final Cut, and Rundown Creator, but I have gained many life skills as well.  I've been able to communicate with my peers, teachers, and professionals as well as collaborating on stories with my fellow students.  Being one of the few seniors in Convergence Journalism, I have had to become a leader for the juniors and step up in different instances such as anchoring and taking on stories.  Along with this, my project management has improved with the Raven Minutes becoming more and more common.  All of these skills together can help me in my future endeavors by giving me experience in the broadcast field and knowing how to handle mentors and talk to professionals.

This year has really brought out my strengths and weaknesses both technologically and personally. I learned that while I still have errors,  I have become a better writer with stories and with scripts. I also have been able to improve on my anchoring skills and being able to meet a deadline for stories and scripts.  I do need to improve on my ability to create a story through video rather than just throwing clips together and putting a sound byte behind it. 

I can tell from the trips we have taken this year, that the information I have obtained from Convergence will carry me far in college and in my professional career.  I hope to take my knowledge of equipment, the broadcast field, anchoring, script writing, etc. down to Arkansas with me next year so I can get a head start on finding possible job shadows and mentors.

I would not change anything in this class, it has taught me more than I ever could've imagined and I am so lucky to have spent the past four years in this program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment